Having flawless skin starts with your skincare. As a makeup artist, I like working with clients that take great care of their skin. Obtaining the look of flawless skin is very difficult. I can tell you, I am still looking for the perfect recipe for flawless skin!!
Many clients ask me, what is a good regiment for great skin. They ask me, should they was their face twice a day or with a drying agent - salicylic acid (especially when their skin is oilier), etc.... Let me tell you what I have learned...
Steps to a clean canvas:
- If you have mixed to oily skin, you can not use a salicylic acid more than once a week. You will dry out your skin, which in return will cause your skin to be oilier. Something to consider would be a oil based cleanser such as Shu Uemura - High Performance Balance Oil cleanser. Keep in mind, oil fights oil.
- If your skin is dry, using a delicate cleanser will allow your skin to be cleaned without stripping the moisture from your skin. A cleanser I would recommend is Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser. It is important that you exfoliate at least once a week. That usually is of concern for those with mature or drier skin.
- Toner, toner, toner... I think that toner is one of the MOST important parts of a skincare regiment. Reason being, when you wash your skin, you strip PH balance from your skin. You will notice that your skin will feel a bit tighter and drier. When using a toner afterwards, you can restore the natural PH balance to your skin allowing your moisturizer to be absorbed by the skin.
- Do you use a toner?
- Do you feel that toners are important?
- What do you know about toners?
Here are some of the products I mentioned:
Shu Uemura Cleanser:
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser:
Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner: