Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flawless Skin... part I



Having flawless skin starts with your skincare.  As a makeup artist, I like working with clients that take great care of their skin. Obtaining the look of flawless skin is very difficult.  I can tell you, I am still looking for the perfect recipe for flawless skin!!


Many clients ask me, what is a good regiment for great skin.  They ask me, should they was their face twice a day or with a drying agent - salicylic acid (especially when their skin is oilier), etc....  Let me tell you what I have learned...


Steps to a clean canvas:


  1. If you have mixed to oily skin, you can not use a salicylic acid more than once a week.  You will dry out your skin, which in return will cause your skin to be oilier.  Something to consider would be a oil based cleanser such as Shu Uemura - High Performance Balance Oil cleanser.  Keep in mind, oil fights oil.
  2. If your skin is dry, using a delicate cleanser will allow your skin to be cleaned without stripping the moisture from your skin.  A cleanser I would recommend is Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser.  It is important that you exfoliate at least once a week.  That usually is of concern for those with mature or drier skin.
  3. Toner, toner, toner... I think that toner is one of the MOST important parts of a skincare regiment.  Reason being, when you wash your skin, you strip PH balance from your skin.  You will notice that your skin will feel a bit tighter and drier.  When using a toner afterwards, you can restore the natural PH balance to your skin allowing your moisturizer to be absorbed by the skin.

Question:
  • Do you use a toner?
  • Do you feel that toners are important?
  • What do you know about toners?
I look forward to hearing all of your comments about skincare regiments and toners!

Here are some of the products I mentioned:

Shu Uemura Cleanser:



Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser:


Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner:






Cheers,


Joanna


www.makeupbyjoanna.com

No comments:

Post a Comment