Saturday, September 4, 2010

Flawless Skin... part III

Your canvas is now prepped for makeup!!  I know that there are many products out on the market and it can get very confusing on what is good, should you buy it, what is the difference between each brand, etc. It is important to find products that you feel work for you, so go and sample different kinds of foundations.  


Primer, to use or not to use, that is the question?!?!?  In my personal opinion, I like using a primer because it smooths your skin and helps it look flawless at all times.  If you have any wrinkle (which we wish we didn't), then a primer will fill in the lines and it won't cause your other makeup to fall into those lines.  When choosing a primer, make sure you select something that is not oily for the skin.


On a daily basis, I would recommend using a light foundation or a tinted moisturizer.  It has coverage, but is light and your skin doesn't feel weighed down.  If you have a evening out, wedding, special occasion then I would recommend a foundation with medium to full coverage.  It will last longer on your skin and give you coverage all day and all night long without having to reapply.


It is important to find a great concealer that will help you look fresh.  Many times we tend to get one too dark or too light.  You want to make sure you avoid raccoon eyes, but keep in mind your concealer should be lighter.  You want to use your concealer to help brighten areas.


Powders... Many of my clients come to me and ask for recommendations of powders.  First, I have to say, if your skin tends to be drier, don't use just a powder.  Your skin will appear drier and flaky.  I like to use a light powder or if I feel like more coverage, then I opt to go with a foundation powder.


Once you have complete all of these sets, your skin will look immaculate at all times!  I can't wait to see every one's flawless skin!


Here are my top choices:


Tarte Cosmetics - Clean Slate Primer






Laura Mercier - Primer




Tarte Cosmetics - Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer




Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer




Clea De Peau Concealer (the best)






Laura Mercier Foundation Powder




Jane Iredale Foundation Powder






Cheers,


Joanna


www.makeupbyjoanna.com

No comments:

Post a Comment